Thursday, May 10, 2012

Knit.Knit.

IMG_0475 IMG_0485 IMG_0486 
 Over the past week I have been working on these shorts. Well, it was over a few weeks because I desperately messed up the first pair. Two balls of yarn, had to be unknit and wound back up, so I could start again. I didn't have a pattern to read. But here is what I used for a guideline.

What I did was measure the widest part of my hip. Yep, you have to actually look at the number (I always hide from it) and I cast on and measured until it was wide enough. Then I worked it 5 rows knit, 5 rows purl and repeated that for about 7 or 8 rows then on the 3 row of the purled section I k2tog every tenth stitch to create a waist. I continued this until they were long enough and then cast off. I sewed the bottom together to create the crotch and then I crocheted a chain and sewed that into the top of the shorts to keep the waist cinched. I know it is a far cry from a pattern but if you are like me. First, become really overwhelmed, then just try it. When your first attempt doesn't work, your second one probably will.

**two disclaimers.
1) I just got home from 3 hours of dance when these were taken. 
2) I know this is not a pattern, I'm sorry. I looked long and hard for a pattern. They aren't easy to come by.

8 comments:

Createliveblog said...

You are so cute!! Good job :)

Dilan Dilir said...

it´s so cute!

Kirstin Anne said...

they look great! so proud of you!

Carissa | Eskimo Kisses said...

wow! great job for sticking with them, i HATE having to starting over when it comes to knitting.

But these shorts are so cute! You did a good job

Sarah said...

Those are awesome. I can't knit a stitch, so I'm blown away and a bit jealous :-) They look great!

Kylee Noelle {the blog} said...

I can't believe you made those! and those elbow patches? amazing!

p.s. I didn't hit up voo doo this time! Husband has an aversion to it for some reason! But I do have a good friend who worked there so we've been there our fair share of times :)

Aspiring Kennedy said...

heart on your sleeve! tooo cute :)

Barbro Andersen said...

Oh, they look great, Elise! :D